CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Aunt Helen

My Aunt Helen passed away unexpectedly at the age of 52. It's hard to believe I will never again hear her laughter at family gatherings. I was able to go to Southern California to attend her funeral at Forest Lawn of Hollywood Hills. I felt grief for my Uncle Dale. It was a beautiful day and the service was lovely. The tribute's paid to Helen by her friends and co-workers were amazing. My Uncle Dale spoke beautifully. It was nice to have lunch with my Grandma Shields and cousin David. We miss my Grandpa Shields terribly.

I made a slideshow of the day.


2 comments:

Suz said...

ummm... that doesn't even look like you. Crazy! I can't wait until you start posting before and now photos... Sorry about Aunt Helen. It is always kinda strange to think that we can't pick up the phone any longer... Thank heaven we know whats is to come.

Miller Family said...

Not being at the funeral leaves somewhat of a disconnect for me. Thanks for sharing your photos. Love you, J