CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving in Arizona


This is the first year we have stayed in Arizona for Thanksgiving. We always have gone to California in the past to be with my Grandpa. Last year he passed away, and since the Holt reunion is on Saturday, we decided to stay home.


My dad, sister and I started off the day by running in a 5k. This was my first race this year. I ran two last year but have since shed 35 pounds. My goal was to run the entire race and I was shooting for 42 minutes.


I achieved one of those goals. I didn't walk once during the race and I finished with a time of 44:26. Much faster than my first try at over 51 minutes a year and a half ago.


Here are a few looks at us after the race. My dad creamed me by 12 minutes and it was a personal best for him.

This guy is 65 years old and started running only last year. What a stud.



Now it's on to the good stuff. The meal.


Megan and Anna got all dolled up for the occasion.


The main table is ready with the main part. Turkey, stuffing and sparkling cider.
Katie helping in the kitchen.


Ally with her self portrait.


Jayden, Megan, Kyana and Anna waiting for grub.


The group.

Ally and Wayland

Mom and Dad

0 comments: